Thursday 14 October 2010

Artists

Throughout my work i have been influenced by various artist, some of whom's work is similar to my own, whilst other work may not fit with my project, but interests me for future work.

As my project is based on the idea of flight of the mind, ie, thoughts, feelings, hopes and fears, I have looked at the artist Cornelia Parker, whose work often uses the ideas of hanging objects/shapes, creating a shape or a movement.



I like the images below of as at some stage i would like to create similar style of work.


Ai Weiwei sunflower seeds appeals to me, due to the scale and mass production of the pieces, the fact that, from far away the piece looks like an ocean of grey sand, and close up is detailed hand made/painted sunflower seeds. 







Sachiko AbeI first discovered Sachiko Abe from an art gallery trip to liverpool.

Her work using the long strings of paper has influenced me to create hanging lights that look surreal and intriguing. The use of thinly cut strings of paper gives the piece a real unique and detailed quality.







No comments:

Post a Comment