Wednesday 20 April 2011

Finished Edited Sketches

I have recently been editing a series of sketches, I have produced for my sculpture project.
The ideas are aimed to look quite Futuristic and modern
I will hopefully be exhibiting a selected number of these photos for my end of year exhibition.

 

This piece is based on the idea of birth of a new thought, with the hand like branches holding it to create a nurturing feel to the piece



This piece is based on a picture of an explosion of water, I wanted the piece to remain in the style of an explosion whilst looking futuristic 


This piece was initial used as a framework that would go around a light, in order to show the idea of entrapment.



I wanted this piece to look futuristic and sinister, with the use of blood creating a mysterous feel.


This piece is originally based on a picture of an explosion ow water, I wanted to make the pieces look interesting and unusual



This piece uses the classic shape of an hour glass, i wanted to make the picture easily recogniseable. I decided to make the sand on the top layer, a neutral colour, then when it goes throught to the other life bursts into life with colour and movement


This piece is based on the idea of an affair. I wanted the two red pieces twisting, to represent the idea of two people in love, then a black poisonous snake, wrapping itself around one of the tubes, whilst stabbing the other.


This piece was inspired by a picture of one of Lady Gaga's dress, i wanted the piece to look modern and fresh, whilst maintaining the original structure.


In this piece i was looking at the idea of movement and fluidity, trying to encompass a futuristic feel.


I wanted this piece to look modern and intriguing, almost in the style of an old fashioned hairdryer



This piece was also based on the idea of shape and movement, trying to represent the idea of a thought or feeling.



This piece was initial drawn as an idea of light and movement, but now is reused to represent the idea of growth and development




I wanted this piece to signify the idea of fighting for something. The hand is supposed to signify the idea of hope, punching out of the shards of red glass at the bottom.


I wanted this piece to look like a heart that has been taken over by something sinister



This piece was initially design for a gallery piece based on the colour 'Red'. The piece was based on the idea of passion, with use of tubes intertwining in a passionate embrace 


I wanted this piece to look like it would move, with use of string/lines used to signify the idea of it being tied up, to prevent it from moving


Initially based on an idea for a light frame, I decided to explore the use of lines and shading.



This piece is based on the idea of a futuristic flower, I wanted it to look futuristic and fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment